Monday, January 16, 2012

"I Have A Dream"


There are very few people who have had as profound an affect on their culture as Martin Luther King, Jr. I became a student of King's life as I began my ministry some 30 years ago. While he was a flawed human being, he was also a powerful leader. His courage and his dynamic speaking ability shaped the future of a nation. He was able to inspire people, to influence those in power and to turn the tide of public opinion. His commitment to non-violence earned him the respect of friend and foe alike.

On this Martin Luther King Day I wanted to return to his shining moment, his "I Have a Dream" sppech in Washington, D.C. from August 28, 1963. I hope that you'll take the time to watch it and ask yourself, what are you doing to make the world a better place.



Related Articles:
Let's End Slavery!
Book Review: "What Good Is God?"
Deserved Praise

No comments: